Thursday 18 August 2011

August 9th-18th

As you can probably figure from the length of time it has been since I've updated, not much has happened.  I did go walk around the Fitzwilliam Museum with my Art and Satire class, which was pretty interesting.  They had the actual artwork of several of the pieces we had analyzed in class, along with some other Hogarth and other various artists we had looked at.  The most interesting part, by far, was of course the armory.  All sorts of medieval armor and weaponry.  Beats art any day.

I spent most of this weekend working on my paper for Art and Satire, which I can happily say as of today is officially completed.  It's not due until Monday, so that's pretty good.  I have also spent a fair amount of time reading George R.R. Martin's series A Song of Fire and Ice.  Last Friday I finished A Game of Thrones and today I finished A Clash of Kings.  They are fairly lengthy books, so a good bit of my time has gone to reading them.  I'm excited to get into the next one.

So yes, this is the shortest blog post for the longest amount of time.  There's just not much happening at this point.  I will be returning to London this Saturday, but other than that I'm just waiting out the program.  Nine days till I get to return! 

1 comment:

  1. Such a bummer the experience is already coming to an end! It has been an extraordinary time. I wasn't aware of the armory in the Fitzwilliam. I just might take a gander myself.

    ReplyDelete